- Research & Expeditions
- AMADEE Program
- About the OeWF
From 09 – 14 Jan 2017 we hosted the Galileo Teacher Training program with the “Beyond Earth Orbit: Solar System Exploration and spacesuits” course. Teachers from Italy, Belgium and Germany joined us for 6 days at the OeWF Spacesuit Laboratory to learn about state-of-the art science on solar system exploration and how to implement space topics into daily teaching.
A special focus was set on human spaceflight, future human Mars missions and Mars analog research. Therefore, the teachers also learned about the planetology of Mars, what is Mars analog research and what does it do in the classroom. With hands-on activities like driving a rover mock-up, elements from analog astronaut training and a live link to the ReMY – the Remote Mars Yard and man more the teachers got a good overview how space science can be inspiring to their students.
One of the highlights was that the teacher got a demonstration of our Aouda.X spacesuit simulator, which is currently Europe’s only Mars exploration spacesuit simulator.
On the last day, the teachers had a final challenge: Apply their learned know-how and techniques to a group of real students between 11 – 15 years old.
As you can see on the photos both teachers and students enjoyed the activities. We heard from some of the parents, that their children now want to become space architect or astrobiologist. :-)
Mission accomplished! We are looking forward to many future explorers and scientists, who will get inspired by our newly trained teachers.
Due to large request, we will host a second teacher training in November 2017. Apply here.
- 28.06.2018: Lecture: "From Space to Earth: European Space Technologies for Society"
- 04.10.2018 - 10.10.2018: Beyond Earth Orbit: Space exploration as an interdisciplinary tool for your classroom
- 14.12.2018 - 16.12.2018: OeWF Analog Mission Basic Training (AMBT)
- 08.02.2019 - 10.02.2019: OeWF Analog Mission Advanced Training (AMAT)
- 16.02.2019 - 17.02.2019: Austrian Space Ball 2019
- AMADEE-15 Simulation (13)
- AMADEE-18 (18)
- Aouda Spacesuit Simulator (65)
- ASE 2016 (9)
- Comment (16)
- Events (32)
- Expeditions/Simulations (74)
- Flight projects (13)
- Guest blogs (14)
- Internships at the OeWF (36)
- OeWF News (238)
- Phileas rover (21)
- Press Releases (12)
- Research/Projects (122)
- World Space Week (25)