- Research & Expeditions
- AMADEE Program
- About the OeWF
It’s been busy days both at the Mission Support Center (MSC) in Innsbruck and at Kepler Station in the desert of Oman: the AMADEE-18 isolation phase officially started on February 8th, 2018.
Below, you can see a video of the start of an Extravehicular Activity on February 9th; the two analog astronauts Kartik Kumar and Inigo Munoz are leaving the Kepler Station in full gear.
At the MSC, we’ve also had exciting days; a visit from Dr. Saleh, president of the Oman Astronomical Society was definitely one of the highlights so far. We showed him around the MSC and it was a great experience for everyone.
What else? A dust devil in Oman got everyone’s attention on EVA: see the video below!
— Austr. Space Forum (@oewf) February 9, 2018
If you yourself want to get involved, you can help spread the words with the hashtags #AMADEE18 #simulateMars! You can find our social media down at the bottom of the page.
And, last but not least; the stars in the desert are so, so beautiful…
This article is available in: German
- 25.05.2018 - 27.05.2018: AMADEE-18 Science Workshop
- 09.06.2018 - 10.06.2018: 2-day Introduction to Spacesuit Systems course
- 04.10.2018 - 10.10.2018: Beyond Earth Orbit: Space exploration as an interdisciplinary tool for your classroom
- AMADEE-15 Simulation (13)
- AMADEE-18 (17)
- Aouda Spacesuit Simulator (65)
- ASE 2016 (9)
- Comment (16)
- Events (32)
- Expeditions/Simulations (74)
- Flight projects (13)
- Guest blogs (14)
- Internships at the OeWF (35)
- OeWF News (235)
- Phileas rover (21)
- Press Releases (12)
- Research/Projects (122)
- World Space Week (25)