- Research & Expeditions
- AMADEE Program
- About the OeWF
Become a member
in an active & independant networking space association
Become a member? Get active?
Would you like contribute shaping Austrian and international space activities? The forum stands for professionality, enthusiasm and a “wind of change” within the space sector. Core activities of the OEWF (Austrian Space Forum) range from simple school presentations to exhibitions with more than 15,000 visitors and also to research programs
What’s in it for you?
- An active and independent networking space association with a broad range of activities and experiences: we are both space professionals and volunteers passionate about space.
- Numerous projects: science communication and our own technical projects, e.g. Mars analog research
- A global network of space specialists – from regional associates to the United Nations.
- An annual workshop where you’re able to share your ideas for scientific projects or outreach events.
- Fast and reliable help with all questions about space, like finding a space expert for an event etc.
Summarized: Space and astronomy to amaze, to touch, to participate, to experience together – in Austria.
What do we expect from you?
- Initiative and Commitment: if you are a person who wants to make a difference, and you want to promote one of the most fascinating areas of research, policy and technology, you are at the right place.
- Collaboration: our members often mention that one of the advantages of being active in the forum is gaining experience in the areas of technology, science & project management in collaboration with professional working volunteers.
- Support: if you feel that our work is worth being supported (in form of in-kind donations, sponsoring, etc.) but you cannot currently commit yourself.
How much does it cost?
The yearly membership fee is 30 € (20 € for students) which is spent exclusively for general expenses (Server, etc,)
Can I work at the OEWF without getting a membership?
Yes! You are not obliged to get a membership to work with us on projects – just get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the membership form here, fill it out and send it by mail to our Innsbruck office: Österreichisches Weltraum Forum, attn. Dr. Gernot Grömer, Sillufer 3a, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria or via email to
You will get a notification, where we welcome you as new member within the forum. You will also get the access information for the internal area and the payment information for the membership fee. Usually, within 2 weeks time, one of our team members will contact you in person.
This article is available in: German
- 28.06.2018: Lecture: "From Space to Earth: European Space Technologies for Society"
- 04.10.2018 - 10.10.2018: Beyond Earth Orbit: Space exploration as an interdisciplinary tool for your classroom
- 14.12.2018 - 16.12.2018: OeWF Analog Mission Basic Training (AMBT)
- 08.02.2019 - 10.02.2019: OeWF Analog Mission Advanced Training (AMAT)
- 16.02.2019 - 17.02.2019: Austrian Space Ball 2019
- AMADEE-15 Simulation (13)
- AMADEE-18 (18)
- Aouda Spacesuit Simulator (65)
- ASE 2016 (9)
- Comment (16)
- Events (32)
- Expeditions/Simulations (74)
- Flight projects (13)
- Guest blogs (14)
- Internships at the OeWF (36)
- OeWF News (238)
- Phileas rover (21)
- Press Releases (12)
- Research/Projects (122)
- World Space Week (25)