- Research & Expeditions
- AMADEE Program
- About the OeWF
Do you want to become a research associate?
and research in an extraordinary environment
Mars Analogue Research, Astrobiology, Stratosphere Balloons and manned spaceflights are all topics covered by the Autrian Space Forum. For most projects, the Forum partners with main players like NASA or ESA, from European Research Facilities to University Institutions. Especially field missions, which generates extraordinary international cooperation.
What is an OeWF Research Associate?
- Research associates are young professionals, who want to pursue a project related to the research and development activities of the Austrian Space Forum. It is an opportunity to obtain “real-life” project experience in the field of space exploration, mostly analog research and start building up a professional network which may last a lifetime. Often, they result in peer-reviewed publications in major space exploration journals.
- The position as researchers at he the OeWF is unpaid and typically last between 2-12 weeks. We recommend applying for a position no later than 6 months in advance.
Is your institution interested in a cooperation? Examples cooperative projects include:
- Participation within a team of experts on field missions
- Assisting in the development of prototypes, where space-know-how is needed
- Hardware/Software-Tests under extraordinary environmental conditions
We are hosting students, guest researchers, volunteers and people with a passion for space from various professional backgrounds and from many nations. Typically, these stays last from anything between 2 weeks to half a year and are generally unpaid. Due to the number of applications each year and the limited number of slots available, there is a competitive process in place to select the best applicants.
- Academic thesis at the Austrian Space Forum
- Academic publications of the Austrian Space Forum
- Blog posts of our interns
This article is available in: German
- 23.05.2019 - 01.09.2019: Exhibition: Austria in Space – a country takes off!
- 28.06.2019 - 30.06.2019: 4. OeWF Analog Mission Basic Training (AMBT)
- 16.07.2019 - 25.07.2019: Summer School Alpbach 2019
- 26.09.2019 - 27.09.2019: Deutsche Astrobiologie Gesellschaft - 4th annual workshop
- 04.11.2019 - 06.11.2019: European Mars Conference
- Analog Astronaut Training: A crazy journey to become an analog astronautBy OeWF on June 22, 2019