- Research & Expeditions
- Analog Research
- Expeditions & Projects
- Flight projects
- About the OeWF
Do you want to become a research associate?
and research in an extraordinary environment
Mars Analogue Research, Astrobiology, Stratosphere Balloons and manned spaceflights are all topics covered by the Autrian Space Forum. For most projects, the Forum partners with main players like NASA or ESA, from European Research Facilities to University Institutions. Especially field missions, which generates extraordinary international cooperation.
What is an OeWF Research Associate?
- Research associates are young professionals, who want to pursue a project related to the research and development activities of the Austrian Space Forum. It is an opportunity to obtain “real-life” project experience in the field of space exploration, mostly analog research and start building up a professional network which may last a lifetime. Often, they result in peer-reviewed publications in major space exploration journals.
- The position as researchers at he the OeWF is unpaid and typically last between 2-12 weeks. We recommend applying for a position no later than 6 months in advance.
Is your institution interested in a cooperation? Examples cooperative projects include:
- Participation within a team of experts on field missions
- Assisting in the development of prototypes, where space-know-how is needed
- Hardware/Software-Tests under extraordinary environmental conditions
- Academic thesis at the Austrian Space Forum
- Academic publications of the Austrian Space Forum
- Blog posts of our interns
This article is available in: German