Embrace your inner explorer
EXPLORE, the Expeditionary Program for Learning OppoRtunities in Analog Space Exploration, is an exciting initiative designed to engage students in space exploration experiences while aligning with their STEAM curriculum requirements. The project is supported by the Erasmus + KA2 educational program and invites students to participate in activities that simulate Moon or Mars environments, providing a hands-on experience of international space missions.
Coordinated by the Austrian Space Forum (OeWF), a leading institution in Mars analog missions, and collaborating with other international partners; NUCLIO, Ellinogermaniki agogi, COSPAR and BIOSKY, EXPLORE aims to inspire and educate young minds in science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics. By fostering critical skills like problem-solving, collaboration, and digital competence, the project prepares students for emerging careers in the aerospace field, in alignment with EU priorities.
The EXPLORE kit, specifically developed for this project, will encourage students to embrace their inner explorer and embark on a simulated mission to Mars. The kit will be integrated into formal educational settings, empowering educators to deliver STEAM-related content through innovative methodologies. We provide comprehensive training and support for educators to integrate the kit into their curricula and involve their classrooms in preparing for these captivating missions.
Through EXPLORE, students will:
- Gain insights into the significance of space exploration in our daily lives.
- Enhance their digital competence through hands-on experience with cutting-edge technologies.
- Develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills in real-world scenarios.
- Collaborate with peers from different countries, promoting international understanding and teamwork.
- Learn about environmental preservation and its importance for the future.
- Interact with artificial intelligence solutions and maker spaces, improving their knowledge and skills.
For educators, EXPLORE offers an opportunity to:
- Integrate innovative methodologies that enhance students’ learning experiences with digital content.
- Participate in professional development opportunities as 21st-century instructional designers.
- Foster inclusivity, diversity, and gender equality in learning scenarios.
- Implement universal design for learning principles to cater to individual student needs.
- Embrace novel technologies like virtual and augmented reality and artificial intelligence for effective teaching.
EXPLORE’s vision is firmly grounded in European guidelines, emphasizing the importance of STEAM learning experiences connected to real-life contexts. Through international collaboration, students from participating countries and others, will simulate space missions at planetary surface analog sites, promoting awareness of space exploration’s significance in daily life and environmental preservation.
Our aim is to empower students and educators, bridging the gap between classroom education and future opportunities in space exploration and related fields.
Stay tuned for updates and opportunities to get involved with EXPLORE. Together, we can bring the future of space exploration closer to our classrooms and inspire a new generation of explorers and scientists.
Join us on this mission of discovery – EXPLORE awaits!
Project duration: 01Sept2023 – 31Sep2026
Project Lead: Austrian Space Forum (OeWF)
Project Website: https://explore-project.eu/
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or OeAD-GmbH. Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.
Dieser Artikel ist auch verfügbar auf: German