- Research & Expeditions
- AMADEE Program
- About the OeWF
Update: AMADEE-15 competition has concluded!
The AMADEE-15 competition has concluded on Monday, 6 PM. We want to thank all participants for their numerous creative questions which will be answered in the upcoming days. The winner will be notified via email.
Question of the Day (1. Place):
Andreas Egger with the winning prize.
Winning question: On Mars the color “Red/orange” is predominant. Will the astronauts desire after other colors after some time on Mars or do they get pictures, objects etc. against “homesickness”?
The answer to this question can be rewatched here.
Between 3rd and 15th August 2015 we will conduct our 11th Mars analog simulation. This time the Kaunertal glacier in Austria will serve as site for a simulated human Mars mission.
Have you ever wondered what a Mars analog simulation actually is? Do you know why our spacesuits are called Aouda? And why is the OeWF conducting the AMADEE-15 mission on the Kaunertal glacier – wouldn’t a desert be more suitable?
Starting on the 1st of August we will answer one question every day and therefore invite you to send us your questions. From all the entries we will pick the most creative and interesting question, which will be sent to our field crew on “Mars” to be answered in a video message
This question will be send to our field crew on “Mars” to answer it via video message. Additionally, the winner will get an AMADEE-15 goodie bag as well as 2 ski tickets for the Kaunertal Glacier. Moreover from all transmitted questions you can win a signed book from astronaut Chris Hadfield (german).
How can you participate?
Send us your question by 10. August 2015, 6:00pm CEST (4:00pm UTC):
- Commenting on this article
- Posting on our Facebook pageusing the hashtag #AMADEE15
- Sending a tweet to @oewf using the hashtag #AMADEE15
- Writing to us at Google+ using the hashtag #AMADEE15
What is the winning prize?
The winning questions will be answered in a video message by our “Mars” field crew and the winner gets:
- An AMADEE-15 goodie bag consisting of AMADEE15 mision patch, OeWF Polo-shirt, pen & postcards
- You’ll get 2 ski tickets for the Kaunertal glacier for the winter season 2015/2016
Moreover from all questions we will draw following prizes sponsored by our Junior Researchers Partner the initiative fti_remixed by the Federal Ministry for Traffic, Innovation & Technology:
- 1 signed book from astronaut Chris Hadfield “Anleitung zur Schwerlosigkeit” (in german)
- Documentation “In Space” by Hannes M. Schalle als DVD
- BmVIT Laptop bags
Rules and regulations:
- Questions can only be sent to us via a comment on this post, Facebook, Twitter or Google+.
- We can only consider questions which include the hashtag #AMADEE15 and are sent to our official accounts.
- Questions can be sent in English or German.
- Only 2 questions per person will be considered.
- By taking part in the competition, the participants agree that the Austrian Space Forum (OeWF) can use their question and name in public communication on our website and social media channels.
- The OeWF reserves the right to pick a winning question and this decision is final.
- The OeWF reserves the right to cancel or change the terms of the competition at any time.
- The OeWF reserves the right to exclude participants immediately if they are found to be violating the law, social standards or these regulations.
- AMADEE-15 volunteers are excluded from this competition
We are very much looking forward to receiving your questions!
This article is available in: German
- 23.05.2019 - 01.09.2019: Exhibition: Austria in Space – a country takes off!
- 28.06.2019 - 30.06.2019: 4. OeWF Analog Mission Basic Training (AMBT)
- 16.07.2019 - 25.07.2019: Summer School Alpbach 2019
- 26.09.2019 - 27.09.2019: Deutsche Astrobiologie Gesellschaft - 4th annual workshop
- 04.11.2019 - 06.11.2019: European Mars Conference
- AMADEE-15 Simulation (13)
- AMADEE-18 (19)
- Aouda Spacesuit Simulator (65)
- ASE 2016 (9)
- Book tips (1)
- Comment (16)
- Events (32)
- Expeditions/Simulations (74)
- Flight projects (13)
- Guest blogs (14)
- Internships at the OeWF (43)
- OeWF News (269)
- Phileas rover (21)
- Press Releases (17)
- Research/Projects (127)
- Serenity spacesuit (3)
- World Space Week (25)