- Research & Expeditions
- AMADEE Program
- About the OeWF
Our international Mars simulation take us to Mars-like regions on Earth. Directed by a Mission Support Center in Innsbruck, Austria, small field crews conduct experiments to prepare for future human Mars missions. But there are many ways to work as a student, volunteer or guest researcher at the Austrian Space Forum.
As a Citizien Science organization we offer the possibility to volunteer for our Mars simulations. In particularly in the Mission Support Center, people from various backgrounds (flight controllers, media, flight planners, IT…) help to make the simulations a success.
You would like to volunteer for an OeWF Mars simulation? Our infographic explains possible career pathways in the Austrian Space Forum; remember that Mars field simulations take place typically every 2-3 years, but there are many other ways to work with us. These include academic thesis programs studying specific aspects of human-robotic Mars missions, or hands-on work programs and education projects.
This article is available in: German
- OeWF Pioneer Projects: Your Chance to implement new Topics within the Austrian Space Forum!
- Austrian Space Forum publishes policy statement on analog research
- Austrian Space Forum Mars projects feature in the british magazine “All About Space”
- Austrian Space Forum successfully concludes Mars analog mission on glacier
- The Austrian Space Forum at the Festival of Light
- AMADEE-15 Simulation (13)
- AMADEE-18 (19)
- AMADEE-20 (3)
- Aouda Spacesuit Simulator (65)
- ASE 2016 (9)
- Book tips (1)
- Events (32)
- Expeditions/Simulations (75)
- Flight projects (13)
- Guest blogs (14)
- Internships at the OeWF (44)
- OeWF News (287)
- Phileas rover (21)
- Press Releases (24)
- Research/Projects (127)
- Serenity spacesuit (3)
- World Space Week (25)