- Research & Expeditions
- AMADEE Program
- About the OeWF
It was the October 2013, during the busy time of World Space Week, when the OeWF announced a great project together with the famous jeweler, the Swarovski Crystals Company. Together Swarovski and the OeWF started a call to the public for participation in the project by sending rock samples from their own area to the OeWF Mission Control Center in Innsbruck, Austria, which will then be combined with a Mars meteorite.
These special edition Swarovski crystals will be redistributed to space flight institutions and decision makers to demonstrate a global interest in space exploration.
Two worlds. One crystal.
Following the next weeks the OeWF received rocks samples from all over the world which now were handed over to Swarovski together with the Mars meteorite NWA4925.
The special edition Swarovski and their name will be presented by Swarovski during Yuris Night on April 12th in Vienna.
How would you name a crystal combining rock samples from Earth and Mars and melted down together?
- 28.05.2019 - 30.05.2019: General Assembly European Astrobiology Institute
- 28.06.2019 - 30.06.2019: 4. OeWF Analog Mission Basic Training (AMBT)
- 16.07.2019 - 25.07.2019: Summer School Alpbach 2019
- 26.09.2019 - 27.09.2019: Deutsche Astrobiologie Gesellschaft - 4th annual workshop
- 04.11.2019 - 06.11.2019: European Mars Conference
- AMADEE-15 Simulation (13)
- AMADEE-18 (19)
- Aouda Spacesuit Simulator (65)
- ASE 2016 (9)
- Book tips (1)
- Comment (16)
- Events (32)
- Expeditions/Simulations (74)
- Flight projects (13)
- Guest blogs (14)
- Internships at the OeWF (43)
- OeWF News (263)
- Phileas rover (21)
- Press Releases (16)
- Research/Projects (125)
- Serenity spacesuit (2)
- World Space Week (25)