- Research & Expeditions
- AMADEE Program
- About the OeWF
This year’s Yuris Night will be a special one. 50 years ago, on the 12th of April the young Yuri Gagarin went into space. He was the first human who circled once around the Earth and made history! This should be celebrated of course!
Yuri Gagarin fascinated generations of people for human spaceflight. For the 3th time the Austrian Space Forum will award the “Polarstern” prize 2011 to someone, who has done extraordinary achievements for Austrian space activities and fascinates people for space. This year the prize will be again awarded during the Yuris Night. We are curious to whom the prize will be awarded!
- 10 a.m – 5 p.mr: “Outer Space. The way into cosmos”; Symposium
Experts from astronomy and spaceflight will give insights into most recent developments of human spaceflight. Free entrance.
Detailed program on Der-Orion.com (german only)
- 5:30 p.m: “Always remember Yuri Gagarin” – documentary by Christian Reiser with Walter Famler at the “Kunsthalle Wien”!
- from 7:30 p.m.: Yuri’s Night
Live broadcast of Bayern Alpha’s discussion format “Juri Gagarin: the Columbus of Space”; Polarstern prize 2011 award ceremony.
Arena21, Museumsquartier Wien
- Austrian Space Forum www.oewf.org
- Space Generation Adivsory Council (SGAC) www.spacegeneration.org
- European Space Policy Institute (ESPI) www.espi.or.at
- SuperNova – astronomy in TV www.okto.tv/supernova
- Monochrom www.monochrom.at
- Der Orion www.der-orion.com
This article is available in: German
- 15.10.2020 - 15.11.2020: AMADEE-20 Mars Simulation Israel
- AMADEE-15 Simulation (13)
- AMADEE-18 (19)
- AMADEE-20 (3)
- Aouda Spacesuit Simulator (65)
- ASE 2016 (9)
- Book tips (1)
- Events (32)
- Expeditions/Simulations (75)
- Flight projects (13)
- Guest blogs (14)
- Internships at the OeWF (43)
- OeWF News (282)
- Phileas rover (21)
- Press Releases (21)
- Research/Projects (127)
- Serenity spacesuit (3)
- World Space Week (25)