- Research & Expeditions
- AMADEE Program
- About the OeWF
UPDATE, February 28th: The winning tweet in the competition has now been selected!
The winner is @lrqe with a tweet that exactly embodies one of our objectives for MARS2013: “Let this inspire us to go as far as we can, and maybe one day reach for the stars.” The message has been inscribed on “Mars”, and there is a gift bag on the way to @lrqe!
Have you ever dreamed of sending an interplanetary tweet? The Austrian Space Forum invites Twitter enthusiasts from around the world to send a message they would like to see written in the “Martian” soil during the Mars2013 analogue mission, which will take place between the 1st and 28th of February 2013 in Morocco. Let’s get together and find out how it feels to send a tweet to Mars!
Participating tweets can be sent between January 16, 2013 and February 20, 2013 and must have the following format:
@oewf [type your message here] #simulateMars.
From all tweets, the Austrian Space Forum will pick one winning tweet, which will be communicated by our Mission Support Center to our field crew. In the last simulation week (which is the last February week), the field crew will write the message in the “Moroccan Martian” soil together with the Twitter username of the winner. The message will be immortalized in a photo and distributed via Twitter and other communication channels by the OeWF.
The winner will also receive a gift bag containing: OeWF postcards, OeWF ball pen, and an OeWF poloshirt.
Participants in the competition must follow @oewf so that we can send a direct message via Twitter to the winner.
Read the rules below for more information.
Do not miss the chance to be the one to send a tweet to Mars!
Rules and regulations
- Anyone with a valid Twitter account can take part in the competition, except OeWF members and volunteers of the Austrian Space Forum.
- One is not allowed to create multiple Twitter accounts in order to send more tweets.
- Participants are encourage not to send too many tweets too frequently in order not to disturb their followers
- Tweets must follow the following format:@oewf [type your message here] #simulateMars
- Tweets must be in English
- Tweets must not contain language that is offensive, unlawful, threatening or simply inappropriate.
- Tweets not following this format will not be considered eligible
- Twitter users must follow @oewf: twitter.com/oewf so that we can contact the winner via a direct message
- The Austrian Space Forum reserves the right to pick a winning message.
- The decision of the Austrian Space Forum is final.
- By taking part in the competition, Twitter users agree that we can use their name/Twitter username in public communication on our website, blog and other channels.
- The Austrian Space Forum reserves the right to cancel or change the terms of the competition at any time.
- 15.10.2020 - 15.11.2020: AMADEE-20 Mars Simulation Israel
- AMADEE-15 Simulation (13)
- AMADEE-18 (19)
- AMADEE-20 (2)
- Aouda Spacesuit Simulator (65)
- ASE 2016 (9)
- Book tips (1)
- Comment (16)
- Events (32)
- Expeditions/Simulations (75)
- Flight projects (13)
- Guest blogs (14)
- Internships at the OeWF (43)
- OeWF News (280)
- Phileas rover (21)
- Press Releases (21)
- Research/Projects (127)
- Serenity spacesuit (3)
- World Space Week (25)